Friday, May 15, 2009

The First Raindrops













THE FIRST RAINDROPS
Copyright © SHRAVANI MUKHERJEE

The first raindrops on the parched soil
Quenching its thirst after a hard toil
Relieving off the dry summer which had been insane
And had been baking the earth, land and lanes

The first raindrops on those flower petals
That hurry down towards the nearest sepal
The hint of life, the new freshness in them
Evidence of joy brought by these heavenly gems


The first raindrops on my window pane
The pristine pearls from cloud's jewellery case
Dancing on the glass like some mystical show
And the smile on my face reflects my heart's joyful glow!!

To the first raindrops i reach out with my hand
Playing with the spells, and some on my face i splash
To feel what i have been missing for long
Throughout the dry summer all along!!

No comments: