Thursday, July 23, 2009

23rd July 2009: SO FAR












23rd July 2009: SO FAR
Copyright © SHRAVANI MUKHERJEE


Life has been seemingly pretty easy
Sometimes I stood still & sometimes felt dizzy
And all the sorrow and cheers
Made each moment very dear
So for a moment I will like to rewind
The days already gone by
As well as forward into the days to come
After all that’s where I indeed belong!

Childhood years seem long gone
But memories still fresh and strong
Pampered and adored always
Didn’t know had to lose those days on my way
Adolescence was a tough job
Not just for me but also for my folks around
Schools, books and friends for the first time I met
Those still are with me even today
In schools and colleges spent my teens
With ambitions and education, seriousness crept in
Crushes and infatuations I did have
But that was it no love stories to share

Now a lady in my twenties
With more than two decades all gone
Trying to comprehend what I can and what I will
Today, tomorrow and beyond
I gotta move on
Should never look back
Even though something holds on
Just keep walking ahead on the track
Its time for some firm decisions to take
Now I have my own rules to make
So my regrets and success in a sack full of holes
On my voyage called life I embark with new hopes

No comments: