Tuesday, June 2, 2009

MY FAIRY TALE


I am .. not a princess from some fairy tale
But indeed in them you find a bit of your real self








MY FAIRY TALE
Copyright © SHRAVANI MUKHERJEE

I am .. a bit of Aurora, the fair
The sleeping beauty in her lair
Not that I am in some deep slumber
But like her I too am an eternal dreamer


I am .. a bit of the naïve Pochahontas
The dusky beauty with a slender stature
Sings from her heart the songs that are joyous
‘Cause she could feel & hear the happy spirits of Nature

I am .. a bit of patient Snow White may be
The fairest among all famously
In judgments I stress, the seven dwarf’s friend
And yeah I too am tempted by those apples red

I am .. a bit of the aquatic princess Ariel
Rest assured am not a mermaid in real
Her cheerful soul from Neptune’s world
Is what reflected in my smile of few volts

I am .. a bit of the warrior Mulan
The Chinese heroine, a war she had won
Known for her zeal, courage and skill
She led her army ‘cause she had her strong will

I am .. a bit of Belle, the popular beauty
Freed the Beast from evil enchanting
Her love for books was as deep
As her very outlook that beauty lies within

I am .. a bit of the Arabian Jasmine
The princess whose pet was a wild feline
She was one of the three wishes of Aladdin
Believed in her love, which her hero did rightfully win

I am .. a bit of the fairy Tinkerbell
Whose powers are the pixie dust spells
Just like mine, which are in my words
But our Peter Pans just never realize our worth

I am .. a bit of the pretty Cinder girl
Cinderella, who charmed the Charming of all
Not that I lose my slippers here & there darling
But my faith in God, like hers in her Fairy Godmother is everlasting

I am .. just a Girl after all
Who rises up everytime she has a fall
‘Cause that’s how you grow up in Real life
With still many dreams yet to realize!!

No comments: